Anti-aging dentistry takes years off your smile and your overall appearance
When you think of the physical effects of aging on your appearance, wrinkles are probably the first thing that comes to mind. However, an aged-looking smile can have just as much of an impact on your overall appearance as your skin. Yellowed, worn down, or missing teeth or receding gums can all make you look older than you are.
A collapsed jaw due to a poor overbite or two positions can shorten the face creating a collapsed feeling and appearance. It can even very negatively affect the airway causing poor body oxygenation.
At Whole Health Dentistry in Santa Barbara, California, Dr. Cynthia Copeland uses an anti-aging dentistry approach to take years off your smile and give you the youthful confidence you deserve.
What is anti-aging dentistry?
Anti-aging dentistry is a general term encompassing a wide array of dental treatments designed to change how your teeth and gums appear and provide you with a younger-looking smile. With anti-aging dental treatments, Dr. Copeland can help you:
- Return your teeth to their healthy, youthful shape, size, and color while correcting many or all spacing issues so your smile is symmetrical and dazzling.
- Provide lift and volume to your cheeks, reducing a hollowed-out appearance that can accompany aging and tooth loss
- Enhance your lips and jawline so they are more lifted and youthful
- Preserve the bone structure that supports your teeth and face
- Prevent surrounding teeth from shifting and causing gaps or overcrowding
- Boost your confidence in both your smile and your overall appearance
It is possible to see what your results can look like with photographs. If you like what you see, models are taken, and a mock-up can be created and even transferred to you to experience whether this step is right for you.
Types of procedures used in anti-aging dentistry
At Whole Health Dentistry, we provide care that is completely tailored to your individual needs. Dr. Copeland spends time with you to understand your current oral health situation, desired results, and treatment preferences before recommending one or more treatments to help you achieve your anti-aging goals. As with every treatment she provides, Dr. Copeland keeps your whole health in mind and will only recommend biocompatible options that preserve the most of your natural tooth structure as possible. This may include options such as:
- Tooth whitening polishes away stains and lightens discolorations that are deep within the enamel for a whiter, brighter smile
- Replacing old metal-porcelain crowns with all biocompatible ceramics removes the darkness at the gum line, stops metal from leaching into the tooth and gum tissues
- Veneers made from ceramics or biocompatible resins resurface the “visible when smiling” portions of teeth. They replace an array of imperfections such as gaps, permanent stains, enamel pitting, worn-down teeth, rotated and unsymmetrically sized teeth
- Dental implants or other tooth replacement options restore both the function and the appearance of your smile after tooth loss
- Cosmetic bonding is an often overlooked “instant” enhancement to the tooth shape or color
- Gum reconstruction to restore health and a symmetrical appearance to the gum line
If you are ready to learn more about how anti-aging dentistry can benefit your smile and confidence, text Whole Health Dentistry at +1 (855) 441-0001!