Santa Barbara, CA dentist treats dental conditions safely and precisely with the Solea® CO2 laser
At Whole Health Dentistry, Dr. Cynthia Copeland carefully evaluates new dental treatment techniques to determine their value for the oral health and overall wellness of her Santa Barbara, CA area patients. Among the technologies that Dr. Copeland has invested in because they enable her to deliver safer, higher quality care is the Solea® CO2 laser.
What is the Solea® CO2 laser and what are its benefits?
Laser dentistry is one of the technologies that has most dramatically transformed dental care in the last few decades. The benefits of laser dentistry are numerous, and the Solea CO2 laser takes these benefits one step further as it is the world’s first computer-aided, all-tissue CO2 laser:
- Efficiency: Treatment with the Solea CO2 laser is quick and easy, so treatments can typically be done in a single visit with fewer steps since numbing and sutures are not needed for many types of treatment.
- Comfort: Patients who dread going to the dentist can rest more easily knowing that they will be treated with the Solea laser, which eliminates the sights, smells, sounds, and pain associated with traditional rotary instruments – in fact, it is so comfortable that often anesthesia is not necessary
- Faster recovery: The Solea laser minimizes pain, bleeding, and the chance of infection after treatment, while stimulating your body’s natural healing processes for a faster, easier recovery and little to no downtime
- Precision and safety: Using the Solea laser, Dr. Copeland is able to be more precise in treatment and conserve more natural healthy tissue, as well as reduce the chances of treatment complications
- Pristine treatment sites: The Solea laser treatment sites are immaculate
- Versatility: The Solea laser was the first CO2 laser system that was cleared by the FDA for both soft and hard tissues, and can be used to treat a wide variety of dental issues
Issues the Solea® dental laser can treat
Rated as Popular Science’s “Best of What’s New” in 2014, Solea is an all tissue dental laser that uses an oxygen-18 isotope and specialized modifications to emit a unique 9.3 µm wavelength. This enables the laser to be used for both hard and soft tissues in treatments such as:
- Treating dental cavities and gum disease
- Reducing tooth sensitivity
- Oral surgeries
- Instant pain relief from canker sores, cold sores, and other non-cancerous lesions
- Gum contouring and crown lengthening
- Exposing wisdom teeth
- Treating sleep apnea
- Treating inflammation and infections in the mouth
- Clean and comfortable release of tugging tissues such as tongue tie and frenums
- …and more