Same day CEREC CAD/CAM crowns and restorations at our Santa Barbara, CA dentistry practice
If you have ever had a crown, onlay, or other custom-made restoration placed, you are likely familiar with how lengthy the process can be – often requiring weeks of waiting while trying to protect your temporary crown. At Whole Health Dentistry, we know that this process can be stressful and time-consuming and are proud to offer same day CEREC dental crowns and other restorations for our Santa Barbara, CA area patients.
How CEREC same-day technology works
With CEREC dental technology, this process is all done in just one visit, saving you time, gas money, and scheduling headaches. After preparing your tooth, we take precise digital impressions and use computer-aided drafting/manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology to then design and mill your custom restoration out of a block of high-quality, durable dental porcelain – all while you wait comfortably, catching up on your email, reading a good book, or even getting a nap in. Once your restoration has been created, Dr. Copeland makes any minor adjustments necessary and bonds it onto your tooth for a strong, durable hold and you are free to enjoy your healthy, beautiful smile!
The traditional dental restoration placement process typically involves two visits. In the first, the dentist shapes your tooth and takes dental impressions using a putty-like material, which are then sent to an outside laboratory so that your new restoration can be fabricated. In the meantime, you may have a temporary restoration placed, which is then removed and replaced with your permanent restoration in a second visit once it is ready.
Benefits of same-day restorations
Aside from the convenience that same-day crowns, onlays, and other restorations for our patients, there are several other benefits that have made this method of creating restorations the new standard of care:
- Precision – Digital impressions, are a more accurate representation of your prepared tooth than typical putty impressions resulting in better end result and more comfort.Traditional workflows often have distortions in the impression, model, and fabrication stages resulting in an improperly fitting end product.
- Natural appearance – dental porcelain has the same luster as natural tooth enamel and can be shaded to match your teeth for a seamless appearance in your smile
- Less gagging- the discreet size of the moving digital camera wand is far more comfortable than goopy putty impressions
- Tooth-preserving – with direct designs, Dr. Copeland can preserve more of your natural tooth structure for better oral health
- Highest -quality, biocompatible materials – site-specific and intelligently chosen are designed to last, optimize function, and not stress the immune system.
To experience the convenience and quality of one-visit dentistry for yourself, text Whole Health Dentistry in Santa Barbara, CA today! We can be reached at +1 (855) 441-0001.